ORIS X MOMOTARODec 30 2020 History of Watch
The new watch is a steel and bronze version of the iconic Oris Divers Sixty-Five and comes on an indigo Momotaro denim strap with two white ‘battle stripes’, the denim manufacturer’s famous signature.
Named after a Japanese folklore hero, Momotaro was launched in 2006 by Mr. Hisao Manabe. Its roots lie in his textile company, which he established in 1992 with just three employees in the small coastal town of Kojima in Okayama.
From the outset, Mr. Manabe’s vision was clear: no compromise on quality. His denim would use only the finest long-staple cotton, and only deep indigo rope dye to achieve the best possible fade. His workshops would use vintage shuttle looms to create a handmade feel to the weave, and every detail would be hand-sewn. Mr. Manabe wanted to set a new international denim standard. Nearly 30 years later, Mr. Manabe’s company employs 140 people in factories, stores, and offices in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Okayama. Okayama, once depressed, is now a denim capital, revived by enterprises that grew up around Mr. Manabe’s businesses. Momotaro today is known by its mantra: ‘Made by hand without compromise’. For Oris, this new partnership just makes sense. The independent Swiss watch company combines precision manufacturing with traditional hand-craftsmanship to make beautiful, high-quality watches. The Oris x Momotaro celebrates a shared spirit
- 01 733 7707 4377 SET
- Oris Divers, 40 mm, 1.575 inches, Stainless Steel
- Material - Multi-piece Stainless Steel Case/Bronze Case, Ceramic Minutes Scale Top Ring
- Top Glass - Sapphire, Domed on Both Sides, Anti-Reflective Coating Inside
- Case Back - Stainless Steel, Screwed, Special Engravings
- Operating Devices - Stainless Steel Screw-in Security Crown
- 10 BAR
- Interhorn Width - 20 mm
- Automatic Winding Date
- Number - Oris 733, Base SW 200-1*
- Dimensions - Ø 25.60 mm, 11 1/2"
- Functions - Centre Hands for Hours, Minutes and Seconds, Date Window,
- Instantaneous Date, Date Corrector, Fine Timing Device and Stop-Second
- Winding - Automatic Winding
- Power-Reserve 38 hrs
- Vibrations - 28'800 A/h, 4 Hz
- Jewels - 26
- Material - Green Dial
- Luminous Material - Indices and Hands Superluminova Old Radium
- Blue Denim Strap