ORIS Big Crown Pointer Date – 80th Anniversary EditionApr 06 2020 A Week On The Wrist
The ORIS Big Crown Pointer Date has played a pivotal role in ORIS’ remarkable story and has been a landmark watch in the 80 years since its launch. It’s a potent symbol of ORIS’s watchmaking philosophy, and some say that without it ORIS might not enjoy its current status as a leader in Swiss Made mechanical watches.
The Big Crown Pointer Date 80th Anniversary Edition created in bronze. Overtime, the bronze patinates, as it oxidises, meaning that each example of the watch, will take on its own unique appearance. Very much influenced by the owner’s activities, habit and its environment. The natural theme is continued in the deep green of the dial. The deep green colour was chosen to link the watch to the surroundings of Switzerland’s beautiful Waldenburg Valley, ORIS’ home since 1904.
An icon for the generation, one of the most recognisable watches ever created. It shows the date without a date window.
ORIS Big Crown Pointer Date – 80th Anniversary Edition
Ref: 01 754 7741 3167-07 5 20 58BR
- Multi-piece bronze case, size: 40.00 mm (1.575 inches)
- Dial: Green
- Luminous Material: Indices and numerals printed with Super-LumiNova C1/C3, hour and minute hands filled with Super-LumiNova C1/C3
- Top Glass: Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
- Case Back: Stainless steel, screwed, see-through mineral glass
- Operating Devices: Bronze screw-in security crown
- Strap/Bracelet: Dark brown leather strap made with sustainably sourced and produced materials, bronze buckle
- Water Resistance: 5 BAR
- Number: ORIS 754
- Functions: Centre hands for hours, minutes and seconds, date centre hand, instantaneous date, date corrector, fine timing device and stop-second
- Winding: Automatic winding, bi-directionally rotating red rotor
- Power-Reserve: 38 hours