ORIS Big Crown Bronze Pointer DateApr 07 2020 A Week On The Wrist
A signature design in warm bronze, one of watchmaking’s greatest stories. ORIS Big Crown Pointer Date first entered the ORIS collection in 1938. It became one of ORIS’ signature pieces and a symbol of the Swiss watch industry.
The bronze case and dial symbolize ORIS’ approach to watchmaking and the lasting value of a ‘Swiss Made’ mechanical watch. The solid bronze dial is chemically treated and coated with a transparent matt lacquer to create a unique finish, making every watch a character of its own.
The ORIS Big Crown Bronze Pointer Date had an oversized crown. Designed with large Arabic numerals, so the time could be read quickly; a fluted, grippy bezel; and a centre hand with a pointer tip that indicated the date.
Designed with a 40.00 mm case size and sapphire glass, domed on both sides, with an anti-reflective coating inside. It is also water-resistant up to 5 BAR. The leather strap is brown in colour with a bronze buckle.
ORIS Big Crown Bronze Pointer Date.
Ref. No. 01 754 7741 3166-07 5 20 74BR, Ø 40.00 mm
- Case: Multi-piece bronze case
- Size: 40.00 mm (1.575 inches)
- Dial: Bronze dial
- Luminous material: Indices, numbers, and hands printed with Super-LumiNova®
- Top glass: Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside.
- Case back: Stainless steel, screwed, see-through mineral glass
- Operating devices: Bronze screw-in security crown
- Strap: Brown leather, bronze buckle
- Water resistance: 5 BAR
- Number: ORIS 754
- Functions: Centre hands for hours, minutes and seconds, date centre hand, instantaneous date, date corrector, fine timing device and stop-second
- Winding: Automatic winding, bi-directionally rotating Red RotorTM
- Power Reserve: 38 hours